Amazon Challenge – Jungle Adventure
The best gosh-darn jungle adventure in South America.
Fancy competing in our own version of the indigenous olympics? Or how about rubbing shoulders with some pink dolphins? Keen to dodge piranhas as you paddle downstream? Do you often have vivid dreams about hammocks? Do you like to take your adventure with a spoonful of ‘oomph’? If you answered ‘yes’ to all of the above, it sounds like you were born for the Amazon Challenge.
Traversing through jungle and river from the corner of the Colombian Amazon to Peru and Brazil, this is the kind of adventure you’ll tell your grandkids about, and then they’ll tell their grandkids, etc. Do this, and you will become a family legend, and your photograph will be passed down from generation to generation. Probably.
Using dugout canoes, kayaks, your own two feet, and Amazonian long boats, you’ll have to employ your cunning and resourcefulness to get to where you’re going. Imagine The Amazing Race, minus the cameras. That’s this. Over the course of 8 days, you’ll be tackling some of the least-visited parts of the Amazon alongside other teams, as well as completing daily challenges and enjoying the comfort of our exceptional jungle accommodation when night falls.
The golden triangle of the amazon, nestled between Colombia, Peru and Brazil is a hidden gem that is Leticia, your starting point of the adventure. You’ll be immersed in local communities and culture, and the whole trip is designed to make sure your presence directly benefits the locals you’ll meet along the way. It’s the best jungle adventure in the world. Period.
Colombia, Peru and Brazil Jungle Adventure
7 nights (includes 1 jungle camping night)
|1||Arrivals Leticia||Ticuna||Utuane Hotel|
|2||Los Kilometros||Huitoto||Indigenous Maloca|
|3||San Martin||Ticuna||Homestay (hammocks)|
|4||Puerto Narino||Ticuna||Hotel Waira Selva|
* Route subject to change.
Tell me more
- Ground and boat transportation for the duration of the Challenge.
- Accommodation for 2 people (7 nights) in double, twin or shared basis. Camping gear and hammocks also provided.
- Activities; indigenous Olympics (blow pipe, bow and arrow, canoeing, swimming), kayaking, piranha fishing, trekking, cultural challenges, bird watching, pink dolphin spotting, night walks, nocturnal cayman spotting.
- 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 7 dinners.
- Challenge logistics & legal (medical & support team, luggage boat, permits).
- Welcome Pack (walkie-talkie, map, t-shirt, event bag, phrase book, navigational sheets). Gumboots also provided.
- Emergency & Medical travel insurance for the duration of the Challenge.
- Airport transfers.
- Awards ceremony & farewell party.
- 10 % contribution to our Meaningful Travel projects.
- Flights and visas.
- Tourism tax in Leticia (approx. $15).
- Day to day costs (approx. $15 per day for lunches not incl. and drinks).
17th to 24th
Team of 2
USD $2,000 per person
4th to 11th
Team of 2
USD $2,000 per person
Early bird discount 10% off
- Only USD $499 / £ 333 initial deposit required to signup.
- Outstanding amount is only required 90 days before the start of Challenge.
- Payments can be made via Reg Online, Paypal or bank transfer.