The Lanka Challenge – Southern Route 2017
Discover the culture-packed southern and central provinces.
Kandy, Colombo, Nuwaraeliya, Sigiriya – our Lanka Challenge Southern Route takes in all of southern Sri Lanka’s ‘Greatest Hits’, well, most of the time, there will be occasions we can’t fit them all in but you get the gist. It’s been scientifically proven that the Southern Route is both the secret to happiness and the meaning of life. So there you go.
8th to 17th September 2017
1000 km travelled (approx.)
9 nights (includes 1 camping night)
10 days (includes 1 rest day)
10 – 20 teams
30 – 55 challengers
We hire the tuk-tuks from local drivers. We arrange all of your accommodation. We ensure a big chunk of your entry fee goes towards helping local communities. All you have to do is turn up, get in and drive the damned things. You won’t find another adventure like it.
|1||Training Day||Minuwangoda||Tamarind Tree Hotel|
|3||95||Nuwaraeliya||Galway Forest Hotel|
|4||175||Eginiyagala||Camping National Park|
|5||90||Arugambay||Bay Vista Hotel|
|6||Rest||Arugambay||Bay Vista Hotel|
|8||117||Mirissa||Paradise Beach Club|
|9||150||Colombo||Mt. Lavinia Hotel|
* Route subject to change.
Tell me more
- Training and driving lessons on arrival day.
- Hire and use of 1 genuine, ready-to-roll Tuk Tuk for the duration of the Challenge. Third party liability insurance included.
- Accommodation for 2 or 3 people for 9 nights in double, twin or triple rooms. Camping gear also provided.
- Half Board – 9 delicious locally-made breakfasts and dinners at hotels and campsites.
- Challenge logistics & legal stuff (mechanics, ambulance, support team, permits, luggage truck).
- Welcome pack (sim card and phone, map, t-shirt, event bag, phrase-book, navigational sheets).
- Emergency & Medical travel insurance for the duration of the Challenge.
- Awards ceremony & farewell party.
- 10 % contribution to our Meaningful Travel projects including school visits.
- Flights, visas, airport transfers.
- Tuk Tuk spare parts and repairs (approx. total $40-120 per team).
- Fuel (approx. total $100 per team).
- Day to day costs (approx. $30 per day for lunch and drinks).
- Tuk Tuk Pimpin.
Team of 2 or 3 people
USD $1,640 per person (team of 3)
USD $2,450 per person (team of 2)
Early bird discount 10% off
- Only USD $499 / £ 333 initial deposit required to signup.
- Outstanding amount is only required 90 days before the start of Challenge.
- Payments can be made via Reg Online, Paypal or bank transfer.