The Lanka Challenge
The world’s greatest tuk tuk road trip, bar none.
Imagine being able to tell your mates that you travelled 1,000km around Sri Lanka. In a tuk tuk. A tuk tuk that you drove. That, friends, is The Lanka Challenge tuk tuk adventure: the ultimate road trip for those who like their travel fully-charged and no-holds-barred. Each day you’ll wake up, be told where you need to be by sundown, and get handed a list of challenges to complete along the way. The rest is up to you, you big legend.
Questions you will be forced to ask yourself during the Lanka Challenge include: Who’s going to go and get a photo of that crocodile? Who’s going to get us invited to a local’s place for lunch? Who’s going to take one for the team in the chilli-eating challenge? What day is it? And where did I put my Imodium? One hell of an amazing time is guaranteed. Life-changing experiences are probable. Navigational stupidity is optional.
Welcome to the Lanka Challenge – click here for more information.
20th to 28th August 2016
1000 km travelled (approx.)
8 nights (includes 1 camping night)
9 days (includes 1 rest day)
20 – 25 teams
30 – 65 travellers
We hire the tuk-tuks from local drivers. We arrange all of your accommodation. We ensure a big chunk of your entry fee goes towards helping local communities. All you have to do is turn up, get in and drive the damned things. You won’t find another adventure like it.
|1||Training Day||Minuwangoda||Tamarind Tree Hotel|
|3||82||Nuwaraeliya||Araliya Green Hills Hotel|
|4||173||Eginiyagala||Camping – National Park|
|5||137||Passikudah||Maalu Maalu Resort|
|6||Rest||Passikudah||Maalu Maalu Resort|
|8||136||Minuwangoda||Tamarind Tree Hotel|
* Route subject to change.
- Training and driving lessons on arrival day.
- Hire and use of 1 genuine, ready-to-roll Tuk Tuk for the duration of the Challenge. Third party liability insurance included.
- Accommodation for 2 or 3 people for 8 nights in double, twin or triple rooms. Camping gear also provided.
- Half Board – 8 delicious locally-made breakfasts and dinners at hotels and campsites.
- Challenge logistics & legal stuff (mechanics, ambulance, support team, permits, luggage truck).
- Welcome pack (sim card and phone, map, t-shirt, event bag, phrase-book, navigational sheets).
- Awards ceremony & farewell party.
- 10 % contribution to our Meaningful Travel projects including school visits.
Team of 2
USD 4,900 per team
Team of 3
USD 6,500 per team
Payment Method & Terms:
- USD 499 / £ 333 deposit is required to register and confirm your team entry.
- Outstanding amount is required 90 days before the start of Challenge.
- Payments can be made via Reg Online, Paypal or bank transfer.