The Lanka Challenge Tuk Tuk adventure
The world’s greatest road trip, bar none.
Imagine being able to tell your mates that you travelled 1,200km around Sri Lanka. In a tuk tuk. A tuk tuk that you drove. That, friends, is The Lanka Challenge tuk tuk adventure: the ultimate road trip for those who like their travel fully-charged and no-holds-barred. Each day you’ll wake up, be told where you need to be by sundown, and get handed a list of challenges to complete along the way. The rest is up to you, you big legend.
Questions you will be forced to ask yourself during the Lanka Challenge include: Who’s going to go and get a photo of that crocodile? Who’s going to get us invited to a local’s place for lunch? Who’s going to take one for the team in the chilli-eating challenge? What day is it? And where did I put my Imodium? One hell of an amazing time is guaranteed. Life-changing experiences are probable. Navigational stupidity is optional.
4th to 14th September 2015
1,200 km´s travelled (approx.)
10 nights (includes 2 camping nights)
11 days (includes 1 rest day)
20 – 25 teams
30 – 65 travellers
We hire the tuk-tuks from local drivers. We arrange all of your accommodation. We ensure a big chunk of your entry fee goes towards helping local communities. All you have to do is turn up, get in and drive the damned things. You won’t find another adventure like it.
|1||Arr.||Minuwangoda||Tamarind Tree Hotel|
|2||135||Sigiriya||Aliya Resort & Spa|
|3||93||Wasgamuwa||Camping – National Park|
|4||142||Pasikuda||Maalu Maalu Resort|
|5||145||Arugambay||Bay Vista Hotel|
|6||N/A||Rest day||Bay Vista Hotel|
|7||172||Udawalawe||Camping – National Park|
|8||110||Mirissa||Paradise Beach Club|
|9||95||Beruwala||The Palms Beruwala|
|10||56||Colombo||Mount Lavinia Hotel|
* Route subject to change.
- Hire and use of 1 genuine, ready-to-roll Tuk Tuk for the duration of the Challenge.
- Accommodation for 2 or 3 people for 10 nights in double, twin or triple rooms. Camping gear also provided.
- Half Board – delicious locally-made breakfasts and dinners at hotels and campsites.
- Challenge logistics & legal stuff (mechanics, ambulance, support team, permits, luggage truck).
- Welcome pack (sim card and phone, map, t-shirt, event bag, phrase-book, navigational sheets).
- Awards ceremony & farewell party.
- 10 % contribution to our Meaningful Travel projects.