The Philippines Sailing Challenge
Beautiful sailing chaos on the high seas.
Yes, the rumours are true. After creating some of the world’s greatest tuk tuk adventures, we’ve now taken to the seas. And not just any seas, no, these waters belong to one of the most incredible countries in the world: the Philippines.
Aboard a locally skippered ‘paraw’ tri-maran you’ll embark on a voyage over the turquoise oceans and across pristine, uninhabited islands around Boracay. If you can sail, great, but if not, your skipper and crew will take care of the navigational stuff for you. It’s just up to you to make sure they’re going the right way.
There will be challenges – think fishing for your dinner, climbing coconut trees and generally using your cunning and resourcefulness to outsmart the other teams – and there will be chaos. It’s Castaway, minus Tom Hanks. BYO Wilson.
The challenge is split into several legs, each slightly more awesome than the last and there will be a combination of sea based and Island based challenges. You’ll be challenged physically, mentally and sailingly (that’s a new word), but a little slice of island paradise will never be far away. And the whole thing is designed to make meaningful contributions to the communities and cultures you’ll visit along the way, so you can rest assured that your epic adventure has impacted the Philippines positively.
So grab a team of 2 or 3, sign on the dotted line, and join us for The Philippines Sailing Challenge. It’s chaos on the high seas. And it’s all you ever dreamed of!
Welcome to the Philippines Sailing Challenge – click here for more information.
21st to 29th October 2016
90 Nautical miles travelled (approx.)
10 – 15 teams
20 – 35 challengers
We arrange all of your accommodation. We ensure a big chunk of your entry fee goes towards helping local communities. All you have to do is turn up, get in and sail the damned things. You won’t find another sailing adventure like it.
|1||Training Day||Boracay||Amihan Home|
|2||13||Carabao Island||Nipahauz Resort|
|4||12||Ferrol||Binocut Beach Resort|
|5||Rest Day||Ferrol||Binocut Beach Resort|
* Route subject to change.
- Training and sailing lessons on arrival day.
- Hire and use of ‘paraw’ tri-maran for the duration of the Challenge.
- A local ‘paraw’ skipper and crew of 2 for the duration of the Challenge.
- Accommodation for 2 or 3 people – 5 nights in double, twin or triple rooms & 3 nights of rustic beach life with hammocks (provided) and homestays.
- Half Board – delicious locally-made breakfasts and dinners along the way.
- Challenge logistics & legal (medical team, mechanical support, permits).
- Welcome Pack (sim card and phone, map, t-shirt, event bag, phrase book, navigational sheets).
- Awards ceremony & farewell party.
- 10 % contribution to our Meaningful Travel projects including school visits.
Team of 2
Entry fee – USD 5,300 per team
Team of 3
Entry fee – USD 6,600 per team
Payment Method & Terms:
- USD 499 / £ 333 deposit is required to register and confirm your team entry.
- Outstanding amount is required 90 days before the start of Challenge.
- Payments can be made via Reg Online, Paypal or bank transfer.